Sunday, December 7, 2008

It's really December?

I'm in shock that it's actually December - where did the semester go?! I'll be heading home in a week and a half, on December 19th. I'm looking forward to it; I've had enough of Spain for now.

The weekend of November 21-23 I went with my interest group to Barcelona. We had a really great time. We visited Park Guell, la Sagrada Familia, some of Gaudi's houses, the wharf, las Ramblas, and much more! What a fun city. It was very interesting to me to hear and read Catalan everywhere we went. When speaking with the people from Sevilla, they argue that Catalan is just a dialect, but I would take the side of the Catalonians, that it is indeed a separate language. I'd love to study it some day...

For Thanksgiving weekend I fly up to London (with eight other CIEE students) to visit Trisha. Despite the rain we all enjoyed the trip. We saw Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, Parliament, St. Paul's, Platform 9 3/4, the Globe Theatre, Millennium Bridge, Piccadilly Circus, Oxford Circus, Tower Bridge, the British Museum, and more. Quite an all-inclusive trip! I had a chance to see two of my cousins as well, Heidi and Carly. We decided to celebrate Thanksgiving on Saturday night, and we made a feast! I'm actually pretty proud of all of us - who knew thirty people under the age of twenty-two could throw together such a meal?! Everyone made a dish, and there was even a turkey!

December 4-8 is called Puente here in Spain, which is basically a long weekend. I've been taking advantage of it and started my final papers. So far I've finished a 10-pager, a 2-page reaction paper, and I am half way through another 10-pager. We've got loads of work in the next week and a half, so I am trying to get as much done each day as possible.

Back to my final papers. Can't wait to see all of you Californians soon! :)

No comments: