Monday, January 10, 2011

De vuelta de nuevo

Hola once again from the sunny Costa del Sol!

Coming back to the warm weather makes it almost seem like Christmas break didn't even happen! But, indeed, it did happen. I spent all three weeks at home, mostly with my family and just a couple of friends. On Christmas Eve my Grannie got pneumonia, which really weakened her as she has liver cancer and tumors in her airway... :( But, my Grannie, being her strong, stubborn self, is starting to make a comeback, albeit with new modifications to the daily routine. I spent most of my time practicing my intrinsic nursing skills, which according to my Nonno, would have been a much better path for me. For now all we can do is pray, hope for the best, and be thankful for the many, many blessings we have received in life, as well as the time we have enjoyed together over the years.

Three Generations: Grannie, Mom & Me

I also finished my grad school applications while I was home, so that is great. Done! I am going to reapply to the program I am currently in, just in case I decide to defer on grad school/don't get in. Yikes, now that would be scary.

So here I am, back to my weekly routine of classes at school and private lessons/babysitting in the afternoon. No real changes as of yet (except that one of my vertebrae decided it wanted to pop out of my spine a bit -ouch). I'm looking forward to the next five months, and already starting to make plans, or at least deciding where I want to go before my time here is up. So far we've got Berlin, Morocco, Granada, Nerja, La Coruna (Galicia), Alicante, Valencia, Cordoba, Sevilla.... And maybe a trip to the UK, France and/or Italy. So many places to see! I want to try to see as much of Spain as is possible, and really see Andalucia in its entirety.

That's all for now. Stay well, stay happy, and keep smiling.

1 comment:

Anne Parker said...

LOVE your picture with you, your Mom and Grannie...so, so adorable!