Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Don't Forget to Look Up!

Friday I went with three of my friends to Ronda, one of Andalucia’s many White Hill towns. It is absolutely beautiful; we visited the palace, Arab Baths, and saw the old bridges that span the gorge. This weekend we went to Granada. It was completely different than any other big city I have ever seen. While walking in the streets of downtown, you can look up and see huge mountains nearby. The Alhambra was amazing. It always is so striking to see something that you have heard about or studied about for so long. Although we had a great time, I feel that the two day trip did not do the city any justice; I need to go back to see it again!

In my Women Writers of the 20th Century class we are reading "Nada" by Carmen Laforet. It's great to be reading Spanish literature again after the summer.

A thought:
I often have to remind myself to look up; I am usually concerned with tripping over the cobblestone roads that I forget to look at the buildings. I usually walk the same way to and from the Palacio every day, and yet there is always something new to notice.

No comments: