Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Que viva la feria!

After much deliberation I finally decided it would be worth it to buy a traje de gitana. I am so happy I did because I had been seriously thinking about getting one for quite a while. Sometimes it's worth it to listen to your gut, even if it seems a bit impractical or ridiculous.

Feria was great and it was a fabulous way to be introduced to Fuengirola (although now that today is the last day, I'll probably really miss it). My friend Rachel came to visit and we had a great time. My roommate invited us to join her at Feria, which made the experience seem so much more real. We were able to hang out with a group of Spaniards and not just a group of auxiliares. Everyone we talked to asked us if it was our first time in Spain. When we told them that we had been in Sevilla, they replied, "Se nota" which is roughly translated to "You can tell".

On Sunday we went to Mijas, which is a cute little pueblo located about fifteen minutes from Fuengirola. All the houses are white there, making it very picturesque. From Mijas you can see my town and the whole coast.

Click here to see photos, otherwise here is the link: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2090189&id=10403369&l=0db26fd5e0

Plans are in the works for La Linea this weekend to visit Rachel and see Gibraltar and Tarifa. I'm headed back to my stomping ground, Sevilla, the following two weekends. On the lookout for cheap flights to other cities in Spain.

------------

On a completely different note, GO GIANTS!!! Mis Gigantes are spectacular - NL West Champs!

No comments: