Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Madrid, classes, upcoming trips

This weekend I went to Madrid with Erik, Diana, Vanessa, Mitch, and Morgan. We had a great time! Since the majority of the group had never been to Madrid, I played tour guide. We walked to the Palace, Gran Via, Puerta del Sol, Parque de Retiro, the Archeology Musuem, and more! On Sunday the boys went to a bullfight, and the girls decided to go to the Prado. Unfortunately we never made it; on our way there we ran into the parade for Dia de la Hispanidad. What a sight! I felt right at home amongst people from all over the world, celebrating la hispanidad. There must have been tens of thousands (if not more) people there. While in Madrid we even had a chance to get Mexican food, one of the things I miss most from home. It was pretty good, but nothing can compare to the good ol' food from the Bay Area.

Classes are going well. I just talked with a professor today about my final project for my Intercultural Communication class. I think I am going to look at publicity in regards to violence against women. In my Women Writers of the 20th Century class I think I will look more at violence through a literary standpoint.

This weekend we are going on a CIEE trip to Granada. I'm excited for it! It's also Erik's birthday this weekend, so it will be nice to celebrate together while on a trip. We might see if we can make it to Ronda on Friday. I'm trying to see as much of Spain as I can while here.

I have just uploaded more pictures, for your viewing pleasure, of course. :)

No comments: