Wednesday, October 29, 2008

¡Olé!

Yesterday we had a meeting for my interest group (Spain and her Regions). The topic for our meeting was dance and music. We watched videos of traditional dances from a number of regions in Spain. Afterwards two girls demonstrated the sevillanas for us. Our group leader suggested that the full-year students learn the sevillanas because that way the Feria will be more fun for us. Before I knew it we were all on our feet trying it out!! With about twenty people squeezed into a classroom the dance seemed a bit hard to follow. I’m sure that it will not be as hard in an actual lesson. The two dancers explained the basics: the dance includes four pasos, or parts. It is counted in five-counts. The steps are easy, but putting that together with the correct arm movements proved to be a challenge. I think I am going to take a class as my group leader suggested.

I just added pictures from Granada and Ronda. Hope you enjoy them!!

No comments: